Sunday 18 April 2010

April 18th 2010




Hello again.
Firstly Many Happy Returns to Donald on reaching the big 60...I knew you would overtake me and reach it before me. I don't know yet how much was raised for the Lifeboats but I will let you know when I find out. Sorry there's no pictures of the birthday boy here but my scanner isn't working and all the best ones are locked up in my old computer but I will post some as soon as I can. Try the link below for a photo but I don't know if it will work.

It's been a pretty busy week here in Elgol . The Misty Isle was very busy for the first few days but then it quietened down as people headed home at the end of their holidays. I hope not too many of you got stranded with the 'no fly' zone. At the start of the week we had a large singing group who entertained everyone on the boat and a group of international travel agents( or perhaps an international group of travel agents?) which can't be a bad thing,just a pity they didn't sail with the singers and they could go home and promote our musical cruises.
We had the painters in at the start of the week too so thank you Glenda for doing the high bits and Audrey for your fab ehm,... paint tray holding.The place looks really smart now with a lick of paint and the new pictures up.You should come and see it...and while you're here why not take a trip on the Misty! Heather was on biscuit duty a couple of times this week as Calum was busy with school and there's not much call for chimney sweeps these days.
Not much new on the wildlife front. We had seen our first basking shark by this time last year but the weather was a lot warmer.
We had a lovely couple on the boat who have been thinking of doing the trip for quite some time. They emailed us afterwards so I'll just put their comments on as I know Stuart is very busy this weekend so won't have the time to add them to the usual page on the web site.

What a pity we waited all those years before taking a trip on the Misty Isle! We had been promising ourselves that we would do it "one day". It has taken over thirty years for that day to come around. We know that when God made time, he made plenty of it; but we think we took this too literally. Thank you for a fantastic day. The atmosphere on Misty Isle was friendly, welcoming and relaxing - a lovely "family" feeling, and special thanks to the tiny distributor of biscuits! It was not just the fantastic scenery that made our day. It was the wonderful family Mackinnon. Thank you.
Bob(Snr) & Jackie

How nice is that?
See you next week.
Anne

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74767&ppuser=3737

No comments: