Thursday 15 May 2008

Dolphin Watch!

We had a lovely day today. This season we have sat on the boat watching bottlenose dolphins in small numbers which is always lovely, but today we had a fairly large gathering of common dolphins with us for a good while both on the way to Loch Coruisk and on the way back to Elgol. So far we have been seeing a lot of wildlife on this stretch of water - bottlenose dolphins, common dolphins, minky whales and of course plenty of seals and birds - - to name just a selection off hand!

2 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

What a treat to find your blog. My husband, Pat, and I are friends with Eoghain and Frances and I wonder if perhaps you might be related. You are most fortunate to live in such a magical place. As coincidence would have it, I just this week posted a photo of myself at Elgol on my blog. You are most welcome to drop in and take a look!! Best to you!

Ann said...

Hi, I came across your blog after searching for some information abour Elgol. I visited a few years ago whilst on a road trip around Scotland. My son, who now lives in the USA was with me and his girlfriend. We all just fell in love with this magical place. I visited again last October to see Garth Duncan as my son was looking for an engagement ring and asked me to check out some designs. Emails were exchanged and eventually the ring was sent to the USA and my son became engaged over the New Year. The ring was stolen in January and they were distraught. However the ring was returned and feel it had a celtic charm. Elgol is truely a magical place and I plan another visit next year. Thanks for sharing your blog.